Send Me Jobs
Birkdale Commons, Huntersville, NC
Having clear performance expectations is a critical part of doing one’s job well. The following job description will provide you with the expectations and specific areas of responsibility for a Sales Assistant. You will be held accountable for all areas of responsibility listed in this job description. This job description is a summary of the main duties of a Sales Assistant and is not intended to be a complete representation of all possible job responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (others may be assigned):
As a Sales Assistant you are expected to maintain excellent work habits. The Sales Assistant will work with our customers in a variety of ways to support the teams selling efforts. Some of the ways you will contribute to our store team efforts are by providing high quality customer service, supporting the sales process, product knowledge, and outfit coordination. Specific areas of responsibility for maintaining excellent work habits are as follows:
As a Sales Assistant you are expected to provide outstanding customer service to all associates. The Sales Assistant’s specific areas of responsibility for providing outstanding customer service are to:
- Assist the sales staff with selling shirts, ties, shoes and accessories that pair well with our suits and be able to see and distinguish between fabric patterns and colors.
- Actively support the sales process and perform retail related responsibilities as assigned.
- Use suggestive selling to maximize average ticket.
- Assist with all customer needs, such as alterations appointments, pick-ups, special order requests and customer service requests.
- Communicate customer lifestyle information and clothing needs to sales associate.
- Learn and demonstrate tuxedo product knowledge, including sizing in all divisions, style, availability, and accessory options.
- Demonstrate the ability to accurately measure a customer for both rental and retail product.
- Adhere to Tuxedo Business Rules and operations procedures as instructed in the Tuxedo Manual, and clearly convey Tuxedo Rental Terms and Conditions to all customers.
- Ensure all tuxedos are scanned out to the customer in the POS system and remaining balances are collected upon pick-up.
- Analyze and follow-up on all tuxedo reports and concerns generated by reports.
- Be able to track all orders to find their location and status, and audit all reservation components to reduce rush orders.
- Receive incoming orders and clearly mark all garments with outstanding balances. Manage outgoing rental returns to ensure prompt delivery back to distribution centers.
- Maintain and update in-store rental/sales information and supplies.
- Thrive in a fast paced and competitive sales environment.
Providing a High Quality Work Environment:
The Sales Assistant’s specific areas of responsibility for providing and participating in a high quality work environment are as follows:
- Greet and interact with customers in a friendly and professional manner, including professional telephone courtesy. Follow through on all promises made.
- Involve the manager on duty with all customer complaints, returns, exchanges, and returns for alterations.
- Present accessories and rental/sale add-ons at the front wrap counter.
- Actively participate in store meetings and all store or Company contests.
- Learn, retain, understand and communicate an awareness of merchandise features and benefits of all existing and new product.
- Comply with all store operation procedures.
- Properly and accurately operate and capture customer information, including e-mail addresses, in the point-of-sale register system.
- Comply with all procedures for collecting cash and negotiable documents such as checks and credit cards, trial balances, stock counts, opening and closing preparations, and follow through with all paperwork generated from the register.
- Follow shipping/receiving merchandise procedures and assist with merchandising the store.
- Maintain your own timecard; clock in and out for appropriate meal periods.
- Participate in the visual maintenance and stock replenishment of the store. Maintain a clean and neat store including color and size maintenance; assist with general housekeeping.
- Portray a professional, well-groomed appearance and maintain good personal hygiene.
- Complete any other tasks assigned by your Store Manager, District Manager, Regional Sales Director, or Vice President.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Ability to interpret, follow and execute detailed instructions. Learn, apply and retail Company policies and procedures; merchandise and selling information.
- Ability to solve employee and customer problems containing numerous variables and be able to relay sensitive or complex information and obtain consensus from diverse groups.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally all written and verbal in structions with coworkers and customers.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and competive sales environment.
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete documenation and inventory. Carry out simple addition, subtraction, multiplication and division or be able to perform these with a calculator.
- Ability to bend down and squat to location and pick up merchandise located at ground level and to assist customers put on shoes; bend down and crouch to mark pants for alterations.
- Ability to lift arms and reach over the head to hang or take merchandise off racks or place on customer.
- Ability to operate a computer and cash register, including manual tasks such as reaching across the counter to exchange monies with customer, grasping, pulling, pushing and folding merchandise to wrap customer purchases.
- Ability to stand and walk fo rthe majority of work s hift, sometimes as long as twelve hours per day, five or sometimes six days per week.
- Ability to frequently (at least 2/3 of the work day) bend and twist at neck and waist, crouch and squat, reach above and below shoulder height, grasping, pulling, pushing and fine manipulation with both hands, lipfing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to see and distinquish between fabric patterns and colors.
- Ability to meet all schedule requirements. This includes working six-day weeks during the fourth quarter and sale seasons. Full time employees may be required to work any of the hours the store is in operation and periodically after regular hours (i.e., conducting inventory and ticketing for sales).
To perform this job sucessfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accomodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
RETAIL STORE JOBS
JOBS BY LOCATION
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Call Center Jobs
- Corporate Positions Jobs
- Distribution Jobs
- General Jobs
- Human Resources, Payroll & Legal Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Loss Prevention & Security Jobs
- Marketing & eCommerce Jobs
- Merchandising, Planning & Design Jobs
- Store Development & Real Estate Jobs
- Store Operations Jobs
- Tailoring & Alterations - Corporate Jobs
- North Carolina Jobs
- Burlington, NC Jobs
- Cary, NC Jobs
- Chapel Hill, NC Jobs
- Charlotte, NC Jobs
- Durham, NC Jobs
- Fayetteville, NC Jobs
- Gastonia, NC Jobs
- Greensboro, NC Jobs
- Greenville, NC Jobs
- Hickory, NC Jobs
- High Point, NC Jobs
- Holly Springs, NC Jobs
- Huntersville, NC Jobs
- New Bern, NC Jobs
- Pinehurst, NC Jobs
- Raleigh, NC Jobs
- Rocky Mount, NC Jobs
- Wilmington, NC Jobs
- Winston-Salem, NC Jobs