Send Me Jobs
72 East Main Street, Babylon, NY
Tailors are responsible for:
- Performing customer fittings by determining the needs of the garment on the customer and taking note of customer requests.
- Using industry standard methods to chalk the garments to indicate the alterations to be made.
- Completing the alteration card.
- Performing all alterations on garments fitted to customer, brought in for alteration, or stock that requires repairs and maintenance, including spot removal.
- Pressing finished goods and removes chalk marks so that garments are ready to wear for the customer at pick-up.
- Completing alterations on a timely basis to insure delivery to customer by promise date.
If a career as a Tailor interests you, this job involves the following qualifications and essential functions:
- Knowledge of industry-wide markings to indicate alterations needed.
- Knowledge of fabric limitations and standard tailoring concepts, procedures, and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to sew garments with needle and thread and by machine.
- Demonstrated ability to produce professional finished goods for upscale menswear garments.
- Ability to take measurements of customers’ neck, arm, chest, and waist to ensure proper measurements are taken.
- Ability to complete daily assignments, meet deadlines with accuracy, and demonstrate a sense of urgency.
- Ability to interact and communicate with customers, co-workers and supervisors.
- Ability to work scheduled shift which will include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to dress in conservative business attire without tattoos or body piercings evident.
- Ability to read and understand documents including safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Previous experience with tailoring equipment, such as: sewing machine, steam press, and iron.
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs consistently.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by a tailor. This list is not intended to be comprehensive and may vary from store to store. Additional details may be provided upon request.
RETAIL STORE JOBS
JOBS BY LOCATION
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Call Center Jobs
- Corporate Positions Jobs
- Distribution Jobs
- General Jobs
- Human Resources, Payroll & Legal Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Loss Prevention & Security Jobs
- Marketing & eCommerce Jobs
- Merchandising, Planning & Design Jobs
- Store Development & Real Estate Jobs
- Store Operations Jobs
- Tailoring & Alterations - Corporate Jobs
- New York Jobs
- Albany, NY Jobs
- Babylon, NY Jobs
- Buffalo, NY Jobs
- Central Valley, NY Jobs
- Clifton Park, NY Jobs
- Commack, NY Jobs
- Fayetteville, NY Jobs
- Fishkill, NY Jobs
- Garden City, NY Jobs
- Glendale, NY Jobs
- Horseheads, NY Jobs
- Huntington, NY Jobs
- Lake George, NY Jobs
- Manhasset, NY Jobs
- Manhattan, NY Jobs
- Mount Kisco, NY Jobs
- Nanuet, NY Jobs
- New York City, NY Jobs
- Oceanside, NY Jobs
- Orchard Park, NY Jobs
- Pittsford, NY Jobs
- Riverhead, NY Jobs
- Rochester, NY Jobs
- Rye, NY Jobs
- Saratoga Springs, NY Jobs
- Scarsdale, NY Jobs
- Stony Brook, NY Jobs
- Syracuse, NY Jobs
- Vestal, NY Jobs
- Williamsville, NY Jobs
- Woodbury, NY Jobs