Send Me Jobs
Sales Executive - Commissioned
The Strand, Summit, NJ
As a Sales Executive you are expected to maximize sales by providing exceptional customer service and creating long-term, quality relationships with your customers. You must understand your customers' wardrobe needs, expand your customers' awareness to their entire wardrobe needs, and then show them appropriate product to meet those needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (others may be assigned):
Maintaining a High Quality Work Environment
- Continuously encourage and participate in team selling.
- Improve your overall level of salesmanship through observing and critiquing your co-workers’ sales performance. This includes being open to constructive criticism of your personal salesmanship by your co-workers. Seek and respond to constructive feedback from your management team.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with all colleagues. Project a positive attitude and friendly demeanor.
- Bring all concerns or requests to your management team. Report any incidents, accidents, or safety hazards that occur in your store to the manager on duty.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as set forth in the Employee Handbook.
- Participate in setting and monitoring your personal sales and statistical goals. Meet and maintain your personal volume goal while maintaining above average sales statistics.
- Build a relationship with your customer from greeting through post-sale contact. Assist all customers in a timely and appropriate manner, including tuxedo rental customers.
- Follow through on all promises made, problems discovered, or special order requests for customers on a timely basis.
- When possible use tailors for all fittings. Communicate information to tailors before they come out on the sales floor. When tailors are not available to fit, fit the customer on your own using Jos. A. Bank fitting techniques.
- Demonstrate the selling techniques required of all Jos. A. Bank selling personnel as described by your managers and/or in corporate training materials.
- Introduce yourself to tuxedo customer at the appropriate time during the tuxedo fitting to drive retail sales from tuxedo rental customers.
- Take an active role in weekly meetings at your store. Attend store meetings and training courses.
- Help monitor the security of all Company property. Report or document damaged or missing product. Follow all transfer and audit procedures on a timely basis.
- Assist in conducting regular merchandise counts and stock counts as requested by your store management team. Report discrepancies to the manager on duty.
- Follow the customer rotation as prescribed by management and good customer service.
- Maintain your own timecard, including clocking in and out for appropriate meal periods.
- Get your manager on duty involved in all returns, exchanges and return for alterations.
- Practice store awareness.
- Learn and retain knowledge of all store operations (including tuxedo rental operations).
- Learn, retain and communicate information regarding features and benefits of all existing and new product.
- Properly and accurately operate and capture customer information in the point-of-sale register system.
- Comply with all procedures for collecting cash and negotiable documents (checks and credit cards), trial balances, stock counts, and follow through with all paperwork generated from the register.
- Follow shipping/receiving merchandise procedures and assist with merchandising the store. Assist in receiving shipments and putting away new merchandise.
- Maintain a clean and neat store including color and size maintenance; assist with general housekeeping.
- Perform all job duties described in the Sales Assistant job description to support store operations during peak tuxedo rental periods, reduced staffing levels and to enhance team selling and a positive team atmosphere.
- Portray a professional, well-groomed appearance and maintain good personal hygiene.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Interpret, follow and execute detailed instructions. Learn, apply and retain Company policies and procedures; merchandise and selling information.
- Solve employee and customer problems containing numerous variables and be able to relay sensitive or complex information and obtain consensus from diverse groups.
- Communicate clearly and professionally all written and verbal instructions with coworkers and customers.
- Read, count and write to accurately complete documentation and inventory. Carry out simple addition, subtraction, multiplication and division or be able to perform these with a calculator.
- Bend down and squat to locate and pick up merchandise located at ground level and to assist customers put on shoes; bend down and crouch to mark pants for alterations.
- Lift arms and reach over the head to hang or take merchandise off racks or place on customer.
- Operate a computer and cash register, including manual tasks such as reaching across the counter to exchange monies with customer, grasping, pulling, pushing, and folding merchandise to wrap customer purchases.
- Portray a professional well-groomed appearance and maintain good personal hygiene.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and competitive sales environment.
- Stand and walk for the majority of work shift, sometimes as long as twelve hours per day, five or sometimes six days per week.
- Frequent (at least 2/3 of the work day) bending and twisting at neck and waist, crouching and squatting, reaching above and below shoulder height, grasping, pulling, pushing and fine manipulation with both hands, lifting up to 50 lbs.
- See and distinguish between fabric patterns and colors.
- Meet all schedule requirements. This includes working six-day weeks during the fourth quarter and sale seasons. Full time employees may be required to work any of the hours the store is in operation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
RETAIL STORE JOBS
JOBS BY LOCATION
- Accounting & Finance Jobs
- Call Center Jobs
- Corporate Positions Jobs
- Distribution Jobs
- General Jobs
- Human Resources, Payroll & Legal Jobs
- Information Technology Jobs
- Loss Prevention & Security Jobs
- Marketing & eCommerce Jobs
- Merchandising, Planning & Design Jobs
- Store Development & Real Estate Jobs
- Store Operations Jobs
- Tailoring & Alterations - Corporate Jobs
- New Jersey Jobs
- Atlantic City, NJ Jobs
- Blackwood, NJ Jobs
- Bridgewater, NJ Jobs
- Cherry Hill, NJ Jobs
- Chester, NJ Jobs
- Clifton, NJ Jobs
- Denville, NJ Jobs
- Eatontown, NJ Jobs
- Edison, NJ Jobs
- Englewood, NJ Jobs
- Flemington, NJ Jobs
- Freehold, NJ Jobs
- Gillette, NJ Jobs
- Hamilton Square, NJ Jobs
- Hoboken, NJ Jobs
- Holmdel, NJ Jobs
- Howell, NJ Jobs
- Jackson, NJ Jobs
- Livingston, NJ Jobs
- Marlton, NJ Jobs
- Maywood, NJ Jobs
- Moorestown, NJ Jobs
- Morristown, NJ Jobs
- Mt. Laurel, NJ Jobs
- North Brunswick, NJ Jobs
- Old Bridge, NJ Jobs
- Paramus, NJ Jobs
- Princeton, NJ Jobs
- Ridgewood, NJ Jobs
- Sicklerville, NJ Jobs
- Summit, NJ Jobs
- Tinton Falls, NJ Jobs
- Wall, NJ Jobs
- Wayne, NJ Jobs
- Westfield, NJ Jobs
- Westwood, NJ Jobs