Assistant Manager - Airport/Factory Store Job - Reagan Airport
Date: May 1, 2013
Location: Washington, DC, USA
Assistant Store Managers lead their customers through the sales process of selecting, coordinating and purchasing traditional business and casual clothing and accessory options designed for the upscale professional man.
Assistant Store Managers are responsible for:
- Understanding merchandise features, marking and fitting techniques and fashion trends, in a courteous and enthusiastic manner, they determine what type of garments are desired and advise customers about prevailing styles, new/add-on items and appropriateness of garments for particular occasions.
- Utilizing company resources to generate traffic and maintaining customer contact to build their own book of business.
- Acting as manager-on-duty when Store Manager is not on premises.
- Opening and/or closing the store.
- Ensuring that their stores are run in accordance with company policies and applicable laws, training and coaching associates on selling techniques, supervising staff and assisting customers with issue resolution.
Assistant Store Managers are hourly-paid and bonus eligible and are rewarded for generating sales growth by building customer relationships, providing world-class customer service and assisting in the management of their stores.
If a career as an Assistant Store Manager interests you, this job involves the following qualifications and essential functions:
- Ability to provide leadership through example; set performance examples; identify work to be done; prioritize and complete daily assignments and reach personal sales performance goals; share responsibility for meeting store sales goals.
- Ability to meet deadlines with accuracy and demonstrate a sense of urgency.
- Ability to interact and communicate with customers in person and on the phone; interact and communicate with co-workers and supervisors in a team environment; sales, stock and housekeeping.
- Ability to continuously stand and walk.
- Ability to frequent lift up to 25 lbs and occasionally carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to coordinate customer wardrobe selections involving a wide range of colors and patterns.
- Ability to measure customers’ necks, arms, chests and or waist for proper fit.
- Ability to frequently use hands and fingers, and to occasionally reach overhead.
- Ability to occasionally climb ladder and/or step stool.
- Ability to work scheduled shift which will include nights, week-ends and holidays.
- Ability to read, write and perform basic math.
- Ability to dress in conservative business attire without any tattoos and/or body piercings evident.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the Assistant Store Manager. This list is not intended to be comprehensive and may vary from store to store; additional details may be provided upon request.
Store Location: Reagan Airport, Washington, DC, USA
Category: Retail Management
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segments: Assistant Manager, Retail, Housekeeping, Fashion Retail, Manager, Management, Healthcare, Fashion