Share this Job
Tailor - Tailoring Center Job - National Tailoring Shop
Jos. A. Bank
Date: May 1, 2013
Location: Lenexa, KS, USA
Tailors are responsible for:
- Performing customer fittings by determining the needs of the garment on the customer and taking note of customer requests.
- Using industry standard methods to chalk the garments to indicate the alterations to be made.
- Completing the alteration card.
- Performing all alterations on garments fitted to customer, brought in for alteration, or stock that requires repairs and maintenance, including spot removal.
- Completing alterations on a timely basis to insure delivery to customer by promise date.
If a career as a Tailor interests you, this job involves the following qualifications and essential functions:
- Knowledge of company markings to indicate alterations needed.
- Knowledge of fabric limitations and standard tailoring concepts, procedures, and practices.
- Sew garments with needle and thread and by machine.
- Produce professional finished goods for upscale menswear garments.
- Complete daily assignments, meet deadlines with accuracy, and demonstrate a sense of urgency.
- Work scheduled shift which will include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Dress in conservative casual attire without tattoos or body piercing evident.
- Read and understand documents including safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Lift up to 10 lbs consistently.
- Stoop, bend, and kneel in order to handle merchandise.
- Use basic material handling/cutting tools.
- Previous experience with tailoring equipment, such as: sewing machine, steam press, and iron.
Store Location: National Tailoring Shop, Lenexa, KS, USA
Category: Tailoring & Alterations
Nearest Major Market: Kansas City
Job Segments: Tailor, Sewing, Garment, Apparel, Fashion, Manufacturing
Find similar jobs: